11th June 2021
The announcement of the 44th GST Council Meeting on 12th June 2021 was made by the Official Twitter Handle of the Ministry of Finance.
It is likely new functionalities will be deployed on the GST portal soon (News & Updates)
- A negative liability statement will be made available to composition taxpayers.
- Details of inward supplies will be made available to composition taxpayers in GSTR 4A in excel and the same will also auto-populate in Table 4A & 4B of Form GSTR-4.
- HSN master has been updated to include the common trade names. HSN Directory can be downloaded in Excel Format for reference.
9th June 2021
- A committee of 7 ministers was constituted to boost the real estate sector under the GST regime on 15th Jan 2019 is partially modified as ministers of few states have changed. (Download the Official Memorandum dated 9th June 2021 and 15th January 2019)
- A committee of 7 ministers was first constituted to monitor and resolve the IT challenges faced in the implementation of GST on 12th July 2019. It has been modified a couple of times to accommodate the change in the ministers, (Download the Official Memorandum dated 12th July 2019 and 9th June 2021)
- A committee of 7 ministers was first constituted for analysis of the Government’s revenue from GST on 1st January 2019. It has been partially modified to accommodate the change in the ministers, (Download the Official Memorandum dated 1st January 2019 and 9th June 2021)
8th June 2021
Due to technical glitches, Table 12 of GSTR 1 for the month of May 2021 is displaying the value as ‘0’ (zero) instead of N.A against Total Invoice Value. GSTN has requested taxpayers to ignore and proceed with return filing for the month of May 2021. (News & Updates)
31st May 2021
Taxpayers who could file the application for revoking the cancellation of registration between the period 15th April 2021 to 29th June 2021 will now be permitted to furnish up to 30th June 2021. (News & Updates)
29th May 2021
A committee of 9 ministers is constituted to examine exemption/concession of GST on COVID relief material. (Download the Official Memorandum). The committee is expected to submit its recommendations on 8th June 2021.
28th May 2021
Various important decisions were taken in 43rd GST Council Meeting which was held after 7 months. Compensation to States from Centre, GST Amnesty Scheme, Late fees reduction, simplification of GST annual return etc was amongst the major decisions taken. (Click here to check the key takeaways from the 43rd GST Council Meeting)
24th May 2021
- A committee of 7 ministers is constituted to examine the issue of valuation & taxability on casinos, racecourse, and online gaming. (Download the Official Memorandum)
- A committee of 7 Ministers is constituted to examine a special composition scheme for sectors like pan masala, gutkha, brick kilns, sand mining, etc. (Download the Official Memorandum)
18th May 2021
- Beneficial amendments in favour of taxpayers have been made to various refund-related CGST Rules.
- Restriction on the generation of Part A of e waybill has been eased out only for the outward movement of goods of registered persons.
- SOP for implementation of the extension of the time limit to apply for revocation of cancellation of GST registration – Circular 148
17th May 2021
An auto-drafted statement reflecting input tax credit in Form GSTR 2B for April 2021 will be generated on 29th May 2021 considering the extension of due dates of returns where it derives its data from. (News & Updates)
15th May 2021
Announcement of 43rd GST Council Meeting on 28th May 2021 was made by Official Twitter Handle of Finance Minister.
1st May 2021
Considering the impact of the second-wave of COVID and lockdown in the country
- The due date for various GST returns was extended for the month of March & April 2021. (GST due dates)
- Late fees were waived for a certain class of taxpayers if returns were furnished within the prescribed due date. (Late fees waiver)
- Interest u/s 50(1) was reduced/waived for different classes of taxpayers if the GST returns were filed within a predetermined date. (Reduction/waiver of interest rates)
27th April 2021
- Companies and LLPs were permitted to furnish the GST returns in Form GSTR 1, Form GSTR 3B, and Invoice Furnishing Facility using EVC instead of DSC during the period between 27th April 2021 to 31st May 2021. (CGST Notification no. 7)
13th April 2021
- An offline tool to match was made available for the taxpayers who have opted for QRMP Scheme. (News & Updates)
12th April 2021
- Clarification was issued as to correct reporting of 4 or 6 digit HSN/SAC codes which are available in the HSN/Customs Tariff will be considered as valid. (News & Updates)
6th April 2021
- Details of outward supplies in GSTR 1 were not auto-populating completely from e-invoices. So the taxpayers were advised to furnish the return for the month of March 2021 as per records and not based on incomplete auto-population from e-invoices.(News & Updates)