Details of inward supplies not to be furnished in GSTR-4
Note: Thie exemption details discussed in this article were provided by CBIC for GSTR 4(quarterly return) which was applicable for FY 17-18 & FY 18-19.
Now GSTR 4 (Annual Return) is a yearly return to be filed by composition taxpayers>>>Due Dates, late fees Interest of GSTR 4 (Annual Return)
Composition dealers may note that information to be furnished in serial number 4A of Table 4 of FORM GSTR-4 is not required. Taxpayers who have opted for a composition levy may be informed that while filing the quarterly return GSTR-4 for the quarter ended September 2018, may not file the details of inward supplies (other than supplies attracting Reverse Charge Mechanism) in the absence of the auto-population feature on GST portal. Details of inward supplies not to be furnished in GSTR-4- press release on 18th Oct’18
It may be noted that the due date for filing GSTR-4 for the quarter ended September’2018 is 18th October 2018.
Click here for FY 2019-20 – Is it mandatory to furnish details of inward supplies in GSTR 4(Annual Return)?
PRESS RELEASE/NOTIFICATION for the same was published on 18th October’2018 by the GOVERNMENT. Click here to download the press release for the same
It was tweeted on the official Twitter handle Ministry of Finance around 4 pm on 17th October’18
As per section 16(4) of CGST Act,2017, A registered taxpayer has to take the ITC for all the invoices and or debit notes for the supply of goods or services of the financial year ending March, it should be taken within the DUE DATE of furnishing the return u/s 39 for the month of September following the end of the financial year or furnishing of the relevant Annual Return, whichever is earlier.
Serial number 4A of Table 4 of FORM GSTR-4
4A. Inward Supplies received from a registered supplier(including supplies attracting reverse charge)
GSTIN of supplier
|Invoice No.||Invoice Date||Invoice Value||Place of Supply||Reverse Charge||Invoice Type||Rate||Taxable Value||IGST||CGST||SGST/UT GST||
(Source: Offline Utility GSTR-4 from GST portal)
You may also like:
- Is it mandatory to furnish inward details in GSTR 4(Quarterly Return) applicable for FY 2017-18 & FY 2018-19?
- A press release that exempted composition taxpayer to furnish the details of inward supplies in GSTR-4 for FY 2017-18 & FY 2018-19
- Is it mandatory to furnish inward details in GSTR 4(Annual Return) applicable for FY 2019-20?
- Why composition taxpayers are ignored?
- Due Dates of GSTR 4(Annual Return)
- Due Dates of GSTR 4(Quarterly Return)
- Form CMP 08 explained in detail
- Due dates of Form CMP 08
- Composition scheme for service providers as per Notification No. 02/2019– Central Tax (Rate), dated the 7th March 2019
- Procedure to opt for composition levy by a service provider as per CGST Circular No. 97/2019 dated 5th April 2019