Affidavit for HUF PAN CARD application
If one wants to apply for PAN for a HUF, a duly filled and signed Form 49A is required to be submitted to any of the TIN-FCs managed by NSDL. Rule 114 of Income-tax Rules have been amended to add a few more regulations and tightening the process for issuing a Permanent Account Number. Application for PAN of HUF can be made online too but the following documents need to be submitted physically only by post or courier. What are the income tax rates applicable to HUF?
The Karta of HUF will be required to submit the following
- Duly filled and signed Form 49A
- A copy of a document that serves as proof of the identity of Karta of the Hindu undivided family.
- A copy of a document that serves as proof of the address of Karta of the Hindu undivided family.
- A copy of a document that serves as proof of the date of birth of Karta of the Hindu undivided family.
- An affidavit stating the name, father’s name, and address of all the coparceners on the date of application.
- Note: There is no specific format for the affidavit. (A specimen has been attached below for reference).
- Note: An affidavit has to be on a judicial stamp paper. Again the amount of stamp duty is not specified. (General practice is to do it on stamp paper of Rs 50/-).
- Note: An affidavit needs to be notarized.
- The fee for processing PAN application can be made either by
- Demand Draft shall be in favor of ‘NSDL – PAN’ payable at Mumbai.
- The cheque shall be deposited with any HDFC Bank branch across the country (except Dahej). “NSDL-PAN” should be mentioned on the deposit slip.
- Net banking
- Debit Card/ Credit Card
Address for sending documents
Duly signed a copy of acknowledgment(if applied online) or dully filled and signed Form 49A, along with all the above documents should be sent to NSDL on below-mentioned address:-
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
5th floor, Mantri Sterling,
Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8,
Near Deep Bungalow Chowk,
Pune – 411016
Note: If applied online then acknowledgment, demand draft/cheque if any, and proofs and affidavit should reach NSDL within 15 days from the date of online application.
After filing an application for a HUF PAN card. A few mandatory requirements before transacting any business in name of HUF
Specimen of Affidavit for HUF PAN Application
AFFIDAVIT for HUF
I, __________________ (Name of Karta) , son of ________________(Father’s name of Karta) aged ___________ years, residing at_______________(Address of Karta) and as Karta of my Hindu Undivided Family (HUF) affirm on oath and declare as under: –
- That I am Karta of our HUF which is known as ______________(Name of HUF).
- That as on today, name of coparceners (including the name of Karta) of our above said HUF, their father’s name and their addresses are as under : –
|Sr. No.||Name of Coparceners||Name of Father||Address|
|1||Name of Karta||Father’s name||Address|
|2||Spouse of Karta||Father’s name||Address|
|3||Child of Karta||Father’s name||Address|
|4||Child of Karta||Father’s name||Address|
That the above said HUF is in existence since _____________(DOB of child).
Place : ___________ (Sign of Karta)
Date : ___________ Deponent
I, ___________(Name of Karta), son of __________________(Father’s name of Karta) hereby verify that as per my best of my knowledge above mentioned contents of this affidavit are true and correct and nothing was hidden therefrom.
(Sign of Karta)
You may also like:
- How to get PAN instantly without any paperwork and free of cost??
- How to apply for PAN online?
- Steps to fill Form 49A