Last updated on October 28th, 2022 at 04:55 pm
Affidavit for HUF PAN CARD application
If one wants to apply for PAN for a HUF, a duly filled and signed Form 49A is required to be submitted to any of the TIN-FCs managed by NSDL. Rule 114 of Income-tax Rules have been amended to add a few more regulations and tighten the process for issuing a Permanent Account Number. Application for PAN of HUF can be made online too but the following documents need to be submitted physically only by post or courier.
The Karta of HUF will be required to submit the following documents
What documents are required for the application for a HUF PAN card?
- Duly filled and signed Form 49A
- A copy of a document that serves as proof of the identity of Karta of the Hindu undivided family.
- A copy of a document that serves as proof of the address of Karta of the Hindu undivided family.
- A copy of a document that serves as proof of the date of birth of Karta of the Hindu undivided family.
- A copy of the notarized affidavit on stamp paper.
What are the requirements of an Affidavit for HUF?
An affidavit stating the name, father’s name, and address of all the coparceners on the date of application.
- There is no specific format for the affidavit. (A specimen has been attached below for reference).
- An affidavit has to be on judicial stamp paper. Again the amount of stamp duty is not specified. (General practice is to do it on stamp paper of Rs 50/-).
- An affidavit needs to be notarized.
What is the fees for HUF PAN and the available mode of payment?
The fee for processing PAN applications can be made either by
- Demand Draft shall be in favor of ‘NSDL – PAN’ payable at Mumbai.
- The cheque shall be deposited with any HDFC Bank branch across the country (except Dahej). “NSDL-PAN” should be mentioned on the deposit slip.
- Net banking
- Debit Card/ Credit Card
What is the address for sending documents for HUF PAN?
Duly signed a copy of acknowledgment(if applied online) or dully filled and signed Form 49A, along with all the above documents should be sent to NSDL at the below-mentioned address:-
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
5th floor, Mantri Sterling,
Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8,
Near Deep Bungalow Chowk,
Pune – 411016
Note: If applied online then acknowledgment, demand draft/cheque if any, and proofs and affidavit should reach NSDL within 15 days from the date of online application.
After filing an application for a HUF PAN card. A few mandatory requirements before transacting any business in name of HUF
Affidavit for the formation of HUF is to be notarized?
YES. The affidavit for the formation of HUF is required to be executed on stamp paper and has to be notarised by a Notary public in India.
Is it mandatory to create/make HUF deed?
Specimen of Affidavit for HUF PAN Application
AFFIDAVIT for HUF
I, __________________ (Name of Karta) , son of ________________(Father’s name of Karta) aged ___________ years, residing at_______________(Address of Karta) and as Karta of my Hindu Undivided Family (HUF) affirm on oath and declare as under: –
- That I am Karta of our HUF which is known as ______________(Name of HUF).
- That as of today, names of the coparceners (including the name of Karta) of our above said HUF, their father’s name, and their addresses are as under: –
|Name of Coparceners
|Name of Father
|Name of Karta
|Spouse of Karta
|Child of Karta
|Child of Karta
That the above said HUF is in existence since _____________(DOB of child).
Place : ___________ (Sign of Karta)
Date : ___________ Deponent
I, ___________(Name of Karta), son of __________________(Father’s name of Karta) hereby verify that as per my best of my knowledge above mentioned contents of this affidavit are true and correct and nothing was hidden therefrom.
(Sign of Karta)
Disclaimer: The above content is for general info purpose only and does not constitute professional advice. The author/ website will not be liable for any inaccurate / incomplete information and any reliance you place on the content is strictly at your risk.
Follow us on Social Media by clicking belowFollow @financepost_in